Insightful tours to discover the different districts of Buenos Aires. Every week, Academia Buenos Aires organizes two city tours to familiarize our students with the popular, as well as the less well-known neighborhoods. The tours are guided by experienced locals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge. They provide an entertaining way to see the city that books or sightseeing tours cannot deliver. Instead of summarizing the main historical events our tours will give you individual narratives of the Argentine culture and its characteristics.
Participants will discover the different faces of Buenos Aires and can spot the different architectural influences due the great influx of European immigrants from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. In addition to European architectural influences, Buenos Aires has many recent and modern buildings, reflecting its various urban transformations. During our guided tours, here are some of the things you will see:
- The Colón Theatre, Latin America’s most important performance theatre
- National Fine Arts Museum
- MALBA, Latin-American contemporary art collection
- Plaza de Mayo with the Presidential Palace, the National Cathedral and the Cabildo
- The Argentine National Congress, a spectacular building inspired by the U. S. Capitol
- The Barrio of San Telmo which has maintained the 18th and 19th century style
- La Boca, site of the early European immigration and home to the Museo Quinquela Martín
- Puerto Madero and Costanera, the ecological reserve
- The Recoleta Cemetery
Besides getting insights on the diverse barrios and discovering hidden secrets of Buenos Aires we propose other theme-related activities with focus on famous argentines such as: Jorge Luis Borges, Carlos Gardel, Eva Perón and many more. Tours are on foot and postponed in case of rain.