The program consists of two essential parts: First, you will spend a minimum of 4 weeks studying Spanish at Academia Buenos Aires, learning the language and getting to know the argentine culture. You will have 20 hours of classes per week in groups of maximum 6 students. During your time in Buenos Aires you will be accommodated at an Argentine family and have your own private room. Breakfast and dinner will be prepared by your family. You will then arrive on the estancia by bus and will be welcomed by the owners, a couple in their fifties and, depending on the time of the year, the rest of the family. During your 4-week stay on the farm you will be accommodated in the house of the farmer’s family. There are three beds for guests, one in a single room with shared bath and one bed in a double room with a shared bath. We cannot guarantee which room will be free, maybe you can choose, maybe not. Should you share a room, your roommate will be of the same sex. You will have all the meals at the estancia. There are always many different things to do on a farm. Our participants will help the owners with the daily routine and their tasks may vary from day to day including:
1. Feeding animals, farmwork, work in the garden and the vegetable fields, maintenance work.
2. Receiving other guests, help in the kitchen (this is a model farm and school groups may come for short visits).
3. Administrative work in the library and producing marketing material in different languages (according to your knowledge).
4. Recreation and Learning: preparing horses, riding horses, cooking regional foods (beef, empanandas, humitas, etc), observing birds and the southern skies.
5. Seasonal work: preparing wool, raising silk worms, shearing sheep, etc.